How effective is hydro jetting?
What is Hydro Jetting & Why is it Needed?
Hydro jetting is a service that uses a highly pressurized stream of water to remove a clog or blockage from a drain or pipe. Often, small obstructions can be removed with an auger or even a plunger. If the blockage is more severe, however, then hydro jetting is the most effective way of cleaning the pipe.
Hydro-jetting may be needed if:
- Regular methods of drain cleaning, like snaking, won’t clear more severe blockages.
- You experience slow drainage, recurring clogs, multiple drains clogging at one time, or a sewage back-up.
- You are having any kind of work done on your pipes (fixing a leak, repairing a crack, addressing a corrosion issue, etc.). Hydro jetting can make the job easier by removing any buildup in your pipes that may affect the outcome of the job.
Choosing Hydro-Jetting for Clean Drains
Typically, Hydro-Jetting is not the first choice when it comes to drain cleaning. Most plumbing technicians will opt for a drain snake, which is a tried-and-tested method, but one designed for relatively minor clogs in the grand scheme of things.
However, that’s not to say Hydro-Jetting is an afterthought. It’s a technique designed for tough clogs. The benefits of this method include:
- Fast Relief – The high-pressure water used to clean the drain is incredibly fast, ensuring quick relief from any size drainage clog.
- Removes Extreme Blockages – The power of Hydro-Jetting is strong enough to clear away tree roots and serious drainage blockages when needed.
- Versatility – Hydro-Jetting was built to work with all manner of plumbing pipes in or around your home.
- Eliminates Problems – This method helps eliminate all of your drainage problems, not just provide temporary relief. Hydro-Jetting will clean the pipe wall of any soap scum, grease, or gross buildups, including minerals from hard water.
As you can see, Hydro-Jetting is an effective method for homeowners seeking the ultimate cleaning experience. With high-pressure water blasting through your drains, there won’t be any lingering grease, food debris, or minerals in the system. Just a clear path for water and waste.
Hydro-Jetting In Residential, Municipal And Commercial Applications
For residential purposes, professional hydro-jetting can be very effective at clearing silt, build up over time and dirt from within pipe lines. In some cases, hydro-jetting serves as a viable alternative to manual pipe repair; non-invasive and a fraction of the price, hydro-jetting provides a residential pipe cleaning alternative few homeowners can pass up.
If you’ve been stuck in a loop of detecting clogs and snaking them out of your drain pipes, jetting may be just what you need to remove debris from your pipes for good.
When it comes to dirt, corrosion and build up within city sewer lines, non-invasive hydro-jetting is often the most affordable cleaning option available. With PSI levels in the tens of thousands, hydro-jetting clears municipal sewer line debris far more effectively than snaking, and at a lower price tag than other methods.
One of hydro-jetting’s biggest advantages, however, is that it’s entirely chemical-free, and causes zero damage to inner pipe walls. It’s not only effective for cleaning pipes, but also 100% safe for all types of pipe line, including:
- Cement sewer lines
- Steel pipe
- Cast iron pipe
- Orangeburg pipe lines
- Existing PVC or resin-based pipe lines
- Clay pipe
In commercial cleaning applications, hydro-jetting has become somewhat of a norm in regular plumbing upkeep, particularly for food and beverage industries. As byproduct clogging and build up is much more prevalent in these industries than in others, hydro-jetting is often conducted as part of regular plumbing maintenance.
Pipe and drain snaking helps remove large clogs within pipe lines, but does little to clear residual materials from pipe walls; jetting, on the other hand, removes this excess material with ease, in a single application.
Not sure if you should stick to snaking or hydro-jetting?
- It is a commonly tried method: It works most of the time and gets the job done. We know that because plumbers have been using it forever.
- Easy on pipes: If you have fragile or sensitive pipes, this is a good way to go.
- Gets rid of minor clogs: If it is a small or minor clog in the pipes, snaking can tackle that easily for you.
The real downside to snaking is that this is not a permanent job. It is a temporary fix, meaning you will have to get it fixed again. How irritating, right? Now that you have gotten yourself a new water heater, it is important to know how to maintain it. You want to keep the water heater for the long run so small checks here and there will be useful.
- Clears out the pipe walls: It will get rid of any grease, minerals, and more. Cleans out the grease and pipe-wall build-up, as well.
- Fast clearing: The clogs will be cleaned out quickly due to the high-water pressure.
- No more dangerous blocks: Any serious blockage including tree roots can all be cleared out with the pressurized water. So you do not have to worry!
- It is economical: This method will reduce your sewer services expenses in the long run.
Compared to a typical snaking the blockage will be cleared out for around 4 times longer! However, if you have really old and fragile pipes, hydro-jetting can damage your pipes. So just double-check with a professional if you are not too sure about the pipes you have. Are you convinced to give hydro-jetting a go yet? No? Alright, let us tell you more about hydro-jetting. It works on many pipelines and not only that but it is also safe! You guessed it! It works on: steel pipe, cast iron pipe, clay pipe, cement sewer lines, and more. Also, it is chemical-free and will not damage the inside of your pipes! How effective is it? To simply answer this, VERY. With all of the advantages it has, it is quite effective:
- Can fit into thin pipes as 1 ½” diameter to as wide as 4’ diameter
- Due to the water pressure, it can easily get rid of all tough cloggings and dangerous blockages inside.
- Hydro-jetting gets to the roots of the problem so you do not have any other grease and build-up to worry about.
- Can resolve minor plumbing issues in pipes before they go out of control, creating a bigger issue.
Hydro-jetting is effective and better for you in the long-run. It is going to clean out the pipes for a long period and will make you financially happy since you do not need to constantly clean or fix the pipes. If you’re unsure about pipes being too old, you can always call a plumbing company like No Worries Rooter, to come to check it out for you!
Why You Should Consider It
The great thing about a hydro jetting service is that it takes care of a lot of problems at once. Not only does it remove any clogs, it cleans out the whole system to prevent future clogs. It’s also the best way for a technician to perform a “check up” on your pipes and sewer lines. If there’s any damage in your plumbing system, we’ll see it with the hydro jetting tool’s camera.
Hydro jetting is also easier on pipes, generally, than snaking or using a different kind of a de-clogging tool. Rotating blades or mechanical snakes can cause damage to the inside of pipes. With hydro jetting, your technician can identify problematic locations in your system before the cleaning process begins. If the technician is afraid treating that area would damage the pipe’s integrity, they can work around it instead.
Most importantly, hydro jetting is simply extremely effective. The camera can actually see the problem. You get to watch your pipes get cleaned out until they look brand new. You get a complete look at your plumbing system and can accurately identify any problems. Think of a clog as a blockage in an artery. The hydro jetting pipe rejuvenation treatment is the plumbing equivalent of high-tech surgery. In some ways, it’s even better; unlike surgery, we don’t have to open anything up!